Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Latest


This is my most recent finished project.  I was trying to remember if I even had knitted booties, but I know I have never done anything like this one.  They are like "boots" not a sock, which I saw lots of patterns for, They are even cuter in real life !     The pattern is Christine`s Stay-on-baby-booties.   The yarn I used was from my stash, it is Cascade Fixation, which is a cotton with a small percentage of elastic.  I heard that they have now discontinued this yarn, such a shame.


As you can see the booties needed a little hat to go with them.  This is Rolled Brim Baby Hat very straight forward pattern.  I did struggle with the sizing at the beginning.  I casted on with the needle size the pattern recommend and it looked rather big for a new baby,  So I went down a needle size as I seem to need to do most of the time.   I decided to make a flower too, and as it turned out I couldn't find my handout for it and remembered that I had blogged about it  here.  Saved the day !

The gift was given to my husband's co-worker who's wife had a baby girl about a month ago.     I'll ask for a picture !

If you have any babies to knit for this is such a perfect little set. 

Alice



No comments:

Post a Comment