Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Garden in a Barrel


On Sunday I looked at this  barrel and the  sad looking impatients and decided it needed a sprucing up    The original flowers that were planted were a light pink and corral impatients.  I did not plant them so I couldn't say anything about it, but the corral waas not my favourite in that combination  But with all the rain the last month or so, the impatients needed an uplift.  So I went to a local nursery and picked up a potato vine, bacoppa and a small fuchia plant.  These are semi-shade lovers as that was I needed for this space.  I was aiming for a cascading of plants to trail over the barrel. 

 Being that I am an admirer of flowers but not usually the Gardener, which is what my husband loves, I didn't know what I was doing.   I planted these and was so impressed with myself and how it turned out I had to share.    I did keep the original pink impatients and transferred the corral ones to elsewhere in the garden.

Now everytime I  go back the barrel I fuss around the flowers to see how they are doing.   I can see how people get attached to their flowers and gardens !!

Alice xox


No comments:

Post a Comment