Saturday, September 10, 2011

Summer Vegin

The summer has warmed considerably the last couple of weeks  Wanted to share some more of the lovelies still shinning their beauty:

Here are a combination of yellow onions and shallots, the package called them gourmet onions, being that I have never bought shallots, that's what I'm calling them.


We've had probably 4 of our own cucumbers this summer.  Gave a few away too.  A couple of weeks ago, one of neighbours down the street came by with her little girls to check out the backyard.  The girls had fun seeing the veggies grow.  I gave them each a carrot and a cucumber  to take home.  They were so cute, they began to eat the cucumber like it was a popcicle.  Apparently they love their veggies. I was so impressed.


Green peppers are big, we are just waiting for them to turn red ! 

Sunny Sunflower, I had to get on top of ladder to get this picture.

First time growing gerberas, but did really well, lots of flowers!


These are grapes that my dad had given us many years ago,   We don't make wine with them, but they are good to eat, if we ever have a chance at getting at them before the raccoons.  They are not fully ready yet, but raccoons are making a fine mess of checking them out. 

In the last week or so, since our temps have risen I have started a scarf.   A knitting friend who has written a pattern asked me  to test knit it for her.   I would say I would make a good test knitter because it wouldn't take long for me to find something I don't understand.   The pattern has not been fully completed,  but so far I am  enjoying  working with cables, it's an easy pattern to memorize, but you do need to keep an eye on your row counting.   Sorry, I can't show you a picture of it, or at least I don't think I should !

May summer continue to shine !




No comments:

Post a Comment