Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Gentle Art of Knitting

 Got my copy last night from Chapters "The Gentle Art of Knitting" 40 projects inspired by everyday beauty, by Jane Brocket. I've followed her blog for a couple years,great writer, photographer in all sorts of subject, now she's put out a knitting book too. Looking forward to making one of her funky colourful throw pillows..or socks..or pull over etc.

I have been baking biscuits for 3 days in a row.   I can say that I have been baking more in this week than I have in years.  I have also made muffins as well.   This is the blog/blogs that have inspired me Joy the Baker and Shutterbean, they also produce a fun, energetic podcast together. 
I made them a bit thin, but they have been delicious with Jam.  Super easy !!



Look who's got a new perch..Pixie !!   Jim built her a bigger "cat deck" so she wouldn't fall off, it's about 10 ft high.    She get's out through the window and sits perched out high and checks out the local wildlife.   She somehow can jump out the window, but wants us to pick-up her up to get her in..haven't figured that out it..I think she is spoiled ???   Only the best for Pixie..the construction of her "cat deck" is cedar boards.   They had been used elsewhere and now got put to good use.  She loves it !!

Hope all is well with you.

Alice xox



No comments:

Post a Comment