Sunday, January 16, 2011

Knitting Updates

PATTERN: Welted Fingerless Gloves
YARN:   Malabrigo Yarn Silky Merino

PATTERN:  Shawl Collared Cowl
YARN:  Misty Alpaca Handpainted Worsted
 I had said I would post pictures of Christmas gifts, but somehow no pictures were taken. Luckily my mother-in-law did  take a picture of her gloves, posted above in the picture. 

 I am currently working on something new and finishing some older,  unfinished projects.  IThere was a time I didn't  understand how knitters  could start something new without finishing what they previously started....but now I know...I'm doing it too. LOL.      No large projects started like sweaters...but small items.  Started a pair of lacy fingerless gloves, in cashmere/silk, very delicate knitting and challenging at first, but now it's under control.    Still need to finish...oops..a childs scarf..started for Christmas,  Good thing our weather has been so mild.    Just finished a child's toque as a birthday gift, It's a pattern  called "Baby Bootah" . I've done this before, the mom liked  it so much, I changed the sizing a bit, so I'll I need to do now mail is mail it  off.  I think it's going to be a tad too large..oh well, it should fit him for a long time.    I've been posting my projects  on Ravelry, but I don't know if any of the  readers have access to it, so I'll put pictures as well .    Received a new camera for Christmas, so no excuses for not getting decent pictures taken now.  One of the gifts   that turned out beautifully was by "Churchmouse Classics, Welted Fingerless Gloves." as the above picture, in burgundy  and a
grey one   I have one picture taken by my mother-in-law.   The other picture I have here is from Alana Dacos, 'Shawl Collared Cowl", that's for me,  very quick knit. 
    
Wow, my writing is so scattered, but I'm getting things down as fast as I'm remembering.     I hope some of these projects may inspired you

Alice
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment