Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Around and Around We Go

I had  started a pair of socks for myself last year, I finished one sock, but somehow never got to the second.   I only own one other pair that made for myself, and I enjoy them so much, that I was motivated to finish this one.


.I began the  second sock last night  I had not written any notes, or posted on Ravelry, so I hoped I would get it right.  I started with the needles that were in the bag..2.0 mm, tiny..tiny needles.  I've only used one yarn for sock making so far and its called Trekking.




The only sock book I own is  "Getting Started Knitting Socks" by Ann Budd,  it's a great how- to, lots of step by step pictures.    Casted on in the right size, and so far it looks like it's the same as the first sock - what a relief.

 I find making socks so cool,  beginning is ok, but it's the home stretch when your doing the heel and then the foot and you can actually see a sock being formed.

 The way that I learnt how to knit socks is  from the  cuff  to the toes.   You can also make them toe up..but I haven't gone there yet.    I make a very simple, basic  sock.   The yarns by Trekkiing are so cool, it speaks for itself.

 I don't know if you can see the colours very well ...but i:ts very bright  and colourful.    Apple green tones and blues.   They are  fun to make and wear.  It's not as complicated as it looks.   You just have to try for yourself.

Alice xox

No comments:

Post a Comment