Friday, January 18, 2013

Pink Beret


Beret for Baby it`s a free pattern on Ravelry.

This is the baby beret that I made to go with the baby cardigan I posted about yesterday.  This was not the design I had in mind originally.   I had thought of finding a toque that I could use some of the lace pattern from the sweater and incorporate it.   But at that time I thought I was on a time restraint and decided on this instead   I also wasn`t sure if I had enough yarn leftover from the sweater.   But I  did.    It`s amazing how much yardage are in the Madelinetosh skeins.   

I`m very happy how this turned out.  Glad I didn`t try to get to matchie with the set.   It`s a bit bigger size that the sweater so it may fit up to 6 months.   I`m going to request that I get some pictures sent with the baby wearing her gifts from me and then I can show you.

Just need to wrap everything up and just wait for the birth announcement and sent it off to Europe. 

All the best to you today.

Alice

2 comments:

  1. I loved seeing this little beret with the pink cardi at Knit Nite. The set is going to look so cute on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete